Saturday, May 29, 2010

All dressed with no place to go

The morning brought a slight shift in the routine I’ve settled into. Rachel wasn’t feeling well so I filled in her spot working with Caroline and Jaime in the feeding group. Which means I didn’t get to spend my morning with “The Lost Boys”, but they didn’t seem to mind so I tried not to let it hurt my feelings either. I worked with Darcy and Meagan on sitting up and holding their heads up. Caroline has taught us that feeding and swallowing in babies is very much a holistic sort of function and strong muscles are the key. I also got to hold and love on the twins, Kelsey and Kelly some. They are still trying to recover from the stomach bug so they were pretty slow moving today. (Fingers crossed that we don’t all get round two of that terrible experience) Mrs. Kathy Merrit was back at the Haven today. She and her husband Roy are the missionaries who manage much of the goings on around here. She’s spent most of the week at the hospital with a sweet baby named Memory who had some heart surgery. Upon her arrival she checked in on all the kiddos and was so sad to hear that the babies and our group had been sick. I asked her if she’d gotten to see the newest baby (Joe) she said that she just had and that she was thinking of naming him Nathan or Hunter…haha so now I don’t know what his name is...I called him Nathan Hunter Joe all afternoon, maybe we can get all that worked out tomorrow but anything’s better than “Problem”.
This afternoon I handed out the lovely little dresses that sweet Reagan Grubbs made for her 4-H project. They are sweet little sack dresses that tie on the shoulders. The Aunties were thrilled and there were just enough dresses for each of the little girls at Haven 1. Even ones small enough for Kelsey and Kelly, they looked darling in them!! I took lots of pictures and I will post them as soon as I have internet available that makes it possible to upload pictures. After helping everyone get bathed and the girls in their new dresses it was time to get the boys out and let them romp. I put Jack, Elias, and Bester on their tummies to work on pushing up and crawling. Elias is making the most progress; he even rolled over by himself!!! We had a bit of a dance party off that little move haha!!
Well I’m gonna wrap this up and hit the hay. Haven’t been sleeping well the last few nights, so hopefully my Tylenol PM will help me to get some rest and not feel the lovely bars on this bunk bed. Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment