Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fro Yo, and not the ice cream place


Well folks, I AM A COLLEGE GRADUATE! yay!!! Saturday morning marked the day of my freedom from college life, and my move back into my parents house! haha! Graduation was long but I'm very glad that Dr.Ganus was the speaker. He did a great job and kept it short which was awesome since there were about 550 of us walking across the stage. In my usual fashion I couldn't just walk across stage without incidence. As I prepared to go up the stairs and receive my diploma I noted to a friend that I should have used bobby pins to keep my lovely hat on my lovely curls...but alas I did not because I was running late getting ready as usual. (Maybe I thought my hair would act sort of like velcro and just hold my hat on!) I did well walking towards Dr.Burks even shaking hands and receiving my empty diploma cover (diploma to be mailed in about 6 weeks) but as I turned to walk off the stage...well my hat just popped right off my fro-ish hair..that's right..the whole place got to witness my hat go flying off and bouncing across the stage! ha! I gracefully scooped it up and proceeded down the stairs. Not quite as exciting as the time there was a proposal at HU graduation, but I did receive several text messages eluding to my hat issues. O well what's a major life event without a good story right?! (The image above was taken moments after I stepped off the stage by the lovely Brittany Denton.)

No comments:

Post a Comment