Thursday, February 18, 2010

Gerontology

Well I survived Valentines Day weekend with the help of my best friend Jaime. We spent Saturday in Hot Springs, we had a lot of fun running around and finished off the day with a meal at our favorite Italian spot "Angels". YUMO! Sunday I went to church with Mom and Dad. Mom fixed a great lunch for the 3 of us, Dad's friend Joe, Joe's daughter Madalyn, Mam and Bro. Allen. It was a lot of fun sitting around and visiting with all of them. I got ready to head back to Searcy and guess what it was SNOWING! It was beautiful! The last time it snowed on Valentines day was in 2004, I was dating Aaron. So this snow brought back bittersweet memories of spending that day with him. I was so blessed to have had him in my life. He was a great guy and lived each moment to the fullest. He is really missed.
Monday was pretty run of the mill,as far as class goes. Monday night our apartment celebrated the engagement of Shayna and Cole. We all got to go to her ring ceremony after her club meeting with Iota Chi. It was so sweet to watch them tell the story of their engagement.
Tuesday I went to the gym then headed to the clinic for an exciting day of audiology! We had one older gentleman and his wife that came in for a little wax removal. After they were all done with the wax, the gentleman and I were visiting. He wanted to know if I went to Harding, and when I would graduate. Then he told me that he used to work on campus as a plumber, I say wow that's great I could use your help we've got a cranky toilet! To which he replies, well would you might have to go out with me. Haha! That's right, he wanted to trade a date for fixing our toilet! haha (never mind that his wife was standing right there the whole time...she said, you wouldn't want him!) haha! How funny! Wish he would have been around last weekend, I would've had a hot Valentines date! ;)
Wednesday afternoon I made a long drive to Pine Bluff...you may ask..Sarah why in the world did you go to Pine Bluff..well I had to go pick Dad up at a marina where our boat is now residing. So I get there by car a little quicker than Dad can get there by boat. It was about 7 p.m. when I rolled through Pine Bluff..its a lovely city..the family dollar has bars on the doors and windows. I mean..really?! The guy that runs the marina there is quite the character as well. Tight jeans, leather jacket, black t-shirt with a skull, pointy toed boots and he was sporting an awesome mullet-ish ponytail. O yea did I mention he used to be a bouncer and he also has his barber license. I just love meeting new people! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment