Saturday, February 27, 2010

If I only had a dalmatian..

Well it was quite a week folks. It started out with a wonderful day of worship and fellowship. After church I got to hang out with John and Troy. We did homework and watched the olympic games. I know way more about curling now than I ever cared to I think.
School wise it was a pretty busy week with several tests, and projects to keep me busy. I'm starting to worry a little more about all my grad school applications. 4 students from my class have applied to my top choice school. 2 of them have heard back and been accepted. I have not heard yet. I know it will not be the end of the world if I don't get in but I'm anxious to know.
Thursday I got to have lunch with Sampa,Nana,Uncle Varley, Aunt Judy, and Uncle Norris. It's always so great to get to see them. I hate that I'm so busy so much of the time and don't get to see them very often even though we live in the same town.
I've spent a lot of time at the gym this week and it's definitely paying off! I got into and comfortably wore a size smaller jeans!! woot woot!
Today started off with a bit of excitement. Well let me back up and say that my super exciting Friday night consisted of me sitting on the couch watching a Criminal Minds marathon. Why is it that these whodunit shows always suck me in?! So after finally getting to sleep around 2 a.m. it was quite startling to be awakened at 4:58 on a Saturday morning by the high pitched screeching fire alarm!That's right people...everyone came flooding out of the building to stand out in the cold as the fire trucks arrived.. Well...there was no fire..apparently a toilet from the 3rd floor had leaked all night all the way down to the 1st floor and was shorting out the system. yay i feel safe! The alarm persisted, going off for a solid hour total. So my roomie and I went and got McDonald's breakfasts at 5:30 am.(It was still going off when we returned) Needless to say I did make it back to bed and didn't wake up until 11! The only bonus to this would have been getting to see the hot fire guys..but our R.A. had our check point too far away from their truck...O well I think I'll bake some cookies and go thank them for saving us from the evil toilet one day next week. :)
I spent tonight with my favorite little guy, Riley. Liz called me Friday and asked if I could keep him and of course I said yes! As soon as I knocked on the back door this afternoon I heard him come running, "SAWAHS HERE SAWAHS HERE!!!!" How sweet he is! We played at the house for a little while, then it was off for a fun treat, dinner at "Old McDonald's"! We ate then played in the play place for an hour! He had a great time and bonus it wore the little dude out! All in all a wonderful evening! I just love that little guy sooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment