Monday, February 1, 2010

The Beginning

I'm really excited about starting a blog. Hopefully it will be more successful than my last few attempts at journaling. Those only seem to last about 4 days max, then get lost under a pile of books and magazines never to be seen again.
A lot of exciting things are happening for me. Such as graduation from Harding coming up in May, a 5 week trip to Zambia, Africa this summer, and hopefully beginning a doctorate program in Audiology in the fall. I hope that I will be able to keep up and keep you all informed with everything. If I slack off someone please call/text/email and remind me that I have this blog haha!
So one funny story to start off this week. Sunday I attended a house church with some friends that go there regularly. It was a wonderful experience, the group was very open, generous , and loving. We worshiped and studied together then shared a meal. The funny part came after the meal. One of the families that attends have a little boy that's 5 yrs old, let's call him "John". He's quite the character. The conversation went something like this...
Daniel, Sarah (that's me) and Taryn sitting on the couch. "John" approaches me.
"John" : I want to sit there
Sarah: O well you didn't ask me very nicely.
"John": Can I sit there PLEASE, I was sitting there before.
Sarah: O really, I didn't see you sitting here before, are you sure you aren't pulling my leg?
(Look of confusion on poor lil "John's" face, guess he'd never heard that expression)
Daniel: Just pull her leg and see what happens
Taryn: Be careful she might toot if you pull her leg
Sarah: O no I wouldn't do that girls don't toot!
"John": Uh huh my momma does!!

Thank goodness his mom was in the other room and didn't hear sweet little "John's" comment. Kids..they say the darndest things!

No comments:

Post a Comment