Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A ROCK?!


Today started with a trip to the gym. I blamed my absence on the weather. First it was, "I'm not getting out in that snow and ice to go work out." Then it was "I'm sure my ice skating moves on the way to class were a sufficient workout." Well today I had no weather to shove the blame on so to the gym I went. I did my cardio and some hard core abs. There is a determination to look rocking at the beach this summer. The trainer at the gym and I have an appointment to work up a program to make that goal happen. Even though I've had a trainer before and know what I should do I still seem to need that little boost to make it happen.
So here's the exciting part:
It's well known fact that little kids stick things up there noses. You know they find a stray bead or pea laying around and next thing you know there's a trip to the doctor for a bead-ectomy. As some of you know I've started my off-site clinical work this semester so on Tuesdays and Thursdays I shadow an audiologist. Well did you know...kids stick things in their ears too! Today we removed a rock! That's right this poor kiddo had no idea how this piece of pea-gravel ended up in the ear. From the looks of it the rock had been chilling in there for some time, it was COVERED in ear wax! This little sweetie took the rock removal like a champ, it's bound to be an odd sensation to have a rock pulled out of your ear. Can't wait to go back Thursday and see what else we find in ears!

Tonight was open dorm and since my dear friend John had a birthday Saturday I promised him a birthday dinner today. All his favorites, poppy-seed chicken, corn, and rice. I tried a new Italian bread mix too. I thought it was pretty good but the boys didn't seem to care for it, o well more for me...o wait..no that means more time at the gym. Anybody want some bread?! But the thing he was most looking forward to were the triple chocolate brownies, no worries waistline..I sent them all home with him.whew! It was a good dinner and I'm glad I got to spend some time with John, being seniors in college keeps us busy and our time together is growing smaller and smaller.

Well I have a test tomorrow in my Missionary Anthropology class so its time to look over notes and fill in study guides. Fingers crossed that it's not too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment