Sunday, February 7, 2010

Global Warming






Yesterday was Super Bowl Sunday, so after a great period of worship and lunch I prepared some snacks for the gathering at Dirk and Wendy's. Matt planned the theme for the menu, "Bacon Wrapped". That's right hold on tight diet everything was wrapped in bacon. Chicken,steak,shrimp,pork,green beans,stuffed peppers etc. too much bacon! I made the green bean bundles and fixed triple chocolate brownies for desert. My diet took a small hit because I couldn't pass up trying all the goodies but I stuck to small portions of everything. The game was exciting but the commercials were a little disappointing in my opinion.
This morning I got up a little late so I hurried to hop in the shower. While trying to decide what to wear I took a gander out the window and what do you know SNOW!! So I checked Harding's website to discover a 2 hour class delay! YAY! It gave me some time to do a little reading and catch up with Jana on MSN messenger. Then it was off to class, outside was a winter wonderland! Both of my Bible classes met but one other class was canceled. When I got back to the apartment my roomie and her boyfriend invited me to go play in the snow with them. We bundled up the best we could and headed out. It was soooo much fun! The front lawn was on epic snowball fight!! There were probably 200 or more students out there having a blast! We joined in and had a great time! Of course once our clothes got wet we were freeeeezzzinngg!! So Molly and I headed back to the apartment. Yea, right global warming! Pttp! This snow is AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of bacon :) Good thing y'all played in the snow and got the ole blood a pumping to unclog your ateries :) Glad you got some snow/fun time!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete